Losing My Marbles Over Marbles

I have recently fallen in love with painting marbles. The challenge of getting them perfectly round---not just round but getting these little glass globes to look like they have form. Distorting the image of what is behind its round surface, and making the surface look smooth and shiny. Oh, then there is the reflected light on the ground surface that is fun---the intense light in the center and the colored shadow surrounding it.

Prepare to see more of these types of paintings from me. They are intense. Each marble can take two hours to paint...so you can imagine how many hours any of these took!
Check out more of my work at www.dancingelephantart.com or go straight to my Etsy store, https://www.etsy.com/shop/AmyVanGaasbeckArtist .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Victorian House

In the Spotlight: Sherri Kay Linnemeyer

Art History: The Lascaux Cave Paintings