Supernaturally Inspired

 As a portrait artist, it's challenging to find a way to demonstrate to the public my ability to create an accurate likeness, using private commissions and studies, because, well, nobody knows who these people are unless they are friends or family. They may be done well, may be a perfect likeness, but if you don't know them, you are not going to know if it truly captures their essence.

This is one reason why I have created celebrity portraits. The majority of people can recognize them. Even if a portrait is done poorly, you can still get a likeness; but if you are really good at what you do, people will see and appreciate that.

Right now, we are looking at the end of a 15 year television series being filmed this week. I am speaking of Supernatural. If you don't know what it is, it's about two attractive brothers, Sam and Dean, who are "hunters". They track down ghosts, vampires, werewolves, demons, and other things, with the help of their angel buddy Castiel. Sam is played by Jared Padalecki, and Dean is played by Jensen Ackles. This is a popular show, and yes, I have seen a few seasons of it myself...it's been a good talking point with my family on God, supernatural things, and the occult, and how the show's perspective compares to or against the Bible. 

But anyway, I digress. Here are some of my portraits:

This is Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester.

This is Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester.

These two portraits are just a sample of what I can do with creating an accurate likeness. However, there's another "portrait" I should share. She's an important character throughout the Supernatural series and her name is Baby.
The Winchesters have been a popular subject for me to paint. These Sam and Dean portraits have gone to a collector, but Baby is still available, and you can purchase her at my Etsy store, AmyVanGaasbeckArtist. You can also find a lot more great art and prints there as well.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sculpting a nude man

Victorian House

Geisha