I am taking a sculpture class this semester. Three weeks into it and I am able to sculpt a foot that looks realistic. I am so proud of myself, because I didn't think I was capable of sculpting anything to look good. So this is my foot. I sculpted this while watching an instructional video and while examining my own foot.
Something interesting that I learned, is that the great sculptor Rodin mentored another sculptor, Ivan Mestrovic. Mestrovic in turn, mentored Kenneth Glen, who mentored a number of artists, many of which are professors at Academy of Art University, including the writer of the curriculum for the sculpting class I am taking. So artistically speaking, this makes me the great-great-granddaughter of Rodin.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Victorian House

Sculpting a nude man

Geisha