Visions and Visages

I am excited to share with you my first show (outside of my own gallery) where I am a featured artist! For the month of February, I am sharing the spot of featured artist with the wonderful Maja Shaw of Richland Washington (also her first time as featured artist), at Crossroads Carnegie Arts Center here in Baker City, Oregon. I am showing figures and still lifes in oil and charcoal, and Maja is showing her florals and landscapes in watercolor.

I am debuting "Hadassah" at this show, another figure/portrait in my series of exotic women, along with Delilah (seen in the poster) and Tamar. I plan on doing a few more in this series.


Maja's watercolors are very vivid. Her florals are not soft, but lively and intense, as though viewed at mid-day with the sun shining down on them. They are very fresh, and well-executed.

Drop by Crossroads any time this month to see our show. Who says oil and water can't mix?

For more of Maja Shaw's work, visit her website at http://majashaw.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Victorian House

In the Spotlight: Sherri Kay Linnemeyer

Art History: The Lascaux Cave Paintings